The Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) is accepting public comments on the following proposals to modify its Tariff for Electric Service:
• Annual Budget and Rate Update: Implementing rate adjustments as determined through LIPA's annual budget process
• Interconnection Cost Sharing: Modifying LIPA’s interconnection procedures to align with New York State’s cost sharing framework
• Large Renewable Host Community Benefit Program: Implementing the statewide program enabling annual bill credits for customers located in a Renewable Host Community
• Long Island Choice Program: Increasing the “shoppable” portion of the bill and further aligning with the statewide retail choice framework
• Prolonged Outage Credits and Reimbursements: Providing $25 daily bill credits and food and medicine spoilage reimbursements for residential and small business customers experiencing prolonged outages following major storms
• Solar Communities Customer Benefit: Providing bill credits to low and moderate-income customers who participate in the Solar Communities program
To view the entire proposals, please visit https://www.lipower.org/about-us/tariff/proposed-rulemaking-2/.
LIPA looks forward to hosting the public comment session on November 17, 2022, for all customers, stakeholders, and members of the community.
Please register below to attend virtually.